Allergy Treatment at Advanced Skin Clinic
Advanced Skin Clinic is able to offer a comprehensive allergy service tailored to your individual needs. This is run by our Dermatologist who have had many years experience of allergy clinics for adults and children.
- Eczema or Atopic dermatitis
- Urticaria (hives)
- Swelling of the eyes, or lips
- Itchy eyes, ears, lips, throat, or roof of mouth
- Runny nose
- Sinus pain
- Allergy may cause months and years of inconvenience and misery. An allergy is a response within the body to a substance in the environment. This could be something you eat, inhale or touch. As almost any substance can cause an allergy it is often difficult for the individual to identify what is causing the problem.
Your first visit will involve a thorough allergy and medical history assessment. We can then discuss with you possible causes of your allergy. You may need to have a special blood test called a RAST. This can detect allergy to many allergens such as house dust mites, pollens, cats, dogs, latex, milk, eggs, peanuts etc. The results of this test will be ready in 48 hours.
If we suspect that your allergy may be caused by something that comes into contact with your skin you may need a PATCH TEST. This involves putting stickers (patches) on your upper back containing the allergens which most commonly cause skin allergy such as metals, fragrances, hair dye, preservatives etc. The patches will need to be removed after 48 hours.
- Please stop any antihistamine medication 3 days before your consultation and if possible bring in a list of suspected causes for your allergy
What to expect from your follow up consultation
You will need to attend for a follow up consultation about a week after your first appointment. We will give you your allergy test results and these will be discussed with you in detail. You will be given written information on how to avoid substances that you are found to be allergic to. We will give you advice on controlling your allergies as well as treating your symptoms.
For further information and advice please contact us at
ADVANCED SKIN CLINIC
Ground Floor, Susie House, Plot 1001 Ggaba Road, Nsambya Central, Kampala. P.O Box 612, Kampala.
Tel: 0755-562430 (Office Line) or 0778-389002