Keloid scars are difficult to eliminated; in some cases, they can only be reduced in appearance. Several treatment options are currently available at Advanced skin Clinic:
– Cortisone injections may be administered on a monthly basis until the keloid scar has been reduced in size.
– Cryotherapy uses liquid nitrogen to freeze keloid scars.
– Intralesional cryotherapy (Cryoshape) is a new treatment method that destroys the keloid’s cells with a cold cryoprobe inserted in the keloid scar. This innovate treatment has proven extremely effective, with over 97% of patients experiencing a significant reduction in the size of their keloids.
– Silicone sheets can be worn on the site of the keloid scar for several hours a day over the course of a few weeks. Its success varies.
– Surgery may be performed to remove carefully selected keloid scars. To minimize recurrence rates, this form of treatment is always combined with steroidal injections or radiation.
The exact course of treatment for a keloid scar varies from patient to patient. Our dermatologist will develop a customized treatment plan based on your specific condition and medical history.
To learn more about keloid scars, contact us today to schedule an appointment with our dermatologists.